This stack of fabric then sat on my shelf for a very long time. I was too scared to do anything with it. I needed to find the right quilt, the one that would show off the fabric beautifully, the perfect quilt design.
Then at the start of the year I decided that this was going to be The Year of the Stash. I was going to cut into this and lots of other fabrics. I still have half yard cuts of most of the prints but I cut the rest up into useable squares and strips and then I sewed lots of 8" squares together. I made some of the squares up of 4 smaller squares to add a little detail.
It came together really quickly and quilted easily. More Hushabye was used on the back and for the binding.
It's my perfect spring quilt.
Linking up with Finish it up Friday