Thursday 6 January 2011

2011

Almost a week into 2011 I have been thinking about what I want to achieve this year.  I don't make resolutions but I do think in terms of aims for the year.  I am a very goal oriented person and work best that way.  So each year I make some fairly general aims.  I have learnt not to beat myself up about not achieving everything and at the end of the year I keep a note of that year's successes (which can include getting part way to a goal or staring to work towards one) and tear up the old list of aims and make a new one.

I am a big fan of Jennifer's Quilting without Obligation posts and I don't want to be overly prescriptive or goal oriented about what I do or don't quilt.  However I do want to push myself a little in my quilting this year and there are some quilts I really want to make so without further ado here are this year's:

Quilting Aims

1. Quilt because it makes me smile not because it is one more thing on my to do list!



2. Try free motion quilting on a quilt.

3. Join a new Bee when the 2 I am in finish towards the end of the year

4. Make some things from my lovely stack of sewing/craft books



5. Attend Festival of Quilts in Birmingham (and hopefully meet up with some blog friends)

6. Keep blogging but take better photos!

Quilts I would like to make this year

As I mentionned here there are ideas for 324 quilts running around my head.  I am trying to start noting down my ideas and will be adding a page in the header above.  I am also going to visit my Works in Progress page once a month to keep me on track.

1. Quilt for my Granny 's 80th  birthday - at the moment I am thinking of using Tanya Whelan's Delilah but haven't got an idea of what pattern yet.

2. My Tanya Whelan Dolce Pinwheel Quilt made with blocks from all the fabulous girls at Fresh Modern Bee 2.

3. Quilt for my Dad's 60th birthday  - no ideas at all yet!

4. A quilt for our bed - each time I start something my husband asks if it is for our bed and each time I answer no.  But this year will be different and I am going to use some of my precious precious Momo Wonderland for this and am thinking about Wonky Log Cabins.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh lovely books, I've got a few of those too and they are so inspiring. Here's to a crafty new year! Mum and I hoped to go to Festival of Quilts last year but failed so who knows, we may manage it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely books and lovlier Momo!!

    I'm going to FOQ so wecan def meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have sew and sew pretty homestyle and I too haven't made anything out of them yet either! Your aims look good, I shall follow to see how your ideas work out.

    ReplyDelete