Friday 15 October 2010

Bee Blocks catch-up


Finally catching up on my Bee Blocks!  For Bee Quilted I made this Robot Block for chez-j  using the Quilt as you go method.


In August (yes I do know it is now October!) Lynne in Fresh Modern Bee 2 sent these beautiful Whimsy fabrics and requested Union Jack Blocks for which she has a fantastic tutorial on her blog.


These are the blocks I made - for some reason the first block is actually better than the second!



I had never done paper piecing before and these were definitely challenging but that's why I joined this Bee and I actually quite enjoyed them.  I can't wait to see the finished quilt.






For September Jessica in Fresh Modern Bee 2 sent these beautiful solids and black and white spots.  She asked for modern pieced rectangles.


These are my 2 blocks.  I loved making these.  I have never worked with solids before or made up a design for a block so this was great fun.

1 comment: