Friday 13 June 2014

Charlie's Quilt



My very good friend Charlie was 30 some time ago and I promised to make her a quilt.  Luckily for me she is a very good friend (she bought me a knicker making workshop for my 30th!) and was very patient waiting while I "adjusted" to motherhood.  And by that I mean adjusted to the serious curtailment of my sewing time!




The pattern is Jeni's lovely giant star and I followed Katy's lovely tutorial for quilting it.
Fabric is a very old Tula Pink line - Hushabye and the back is a Riley Blake extra wide chevron (it was so lovely not piecing a back)

I see more of these in my future. 

5 comments:

  1. I want to make this quilt. I've been seeing it and it makes me happy. Love your palette. These fabrics are so pretty. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous quilt. I made one a while ago and used a Primark fluffy blanket as wadding and backing. Most used quilt in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I love that pattern. I think I may have to make one of those...

    ReplyDelete