Wednesday 15 January 2014

Something new

Hello,


It's been a while!  I haven't sewn and therefore blogged in a long time.  2013 was quite a year for me. But there will be no apologies and no recaps of what was or wasn't done.  It's January - a time for new starts and looking forward.  So with that in mind I've started a new quilt for my best friend in work who just had a little baby boy last week.




Fabric is Safari Soiree by Dan Stiles for Birch Fabrics with some Aqua Sketch and Kona Snow.  I'm using the Little Man pattern from Camille's first book Simplify.


Right now this is what I am working on mostly in nap times and a little in the evenings.  I am trying to just focus on one machine sewing project at a time so for the next few weeks this is it!

Linking up with: 


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced




9 comments:

  1. A great strategy A! I should really have one like that! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Don't look back; look forward, and this is definitely a good place to start. The fabric is just lovely, and I'll be excited to see what you do with it. BTW: I'm visiting from WIP Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping your sights set on one project to the end is smart! Have fun and enjoy the process!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sensible! Lovely fabrics for a baby boy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Great strategy, that should work well. So lovely to see you get back on the sewing horse, so to speak! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute fabrics :o) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete