Pippa over at Pippa's Patch nominated my blog for a Liebster award.
To qualify, you need to have under 200 hundred followers (me) or be under 6 months old in blogging terms, and then do the following:
1.List 11 random things about yourself
2. Answer 11 random questions
3. Choose 11 blogs to pass it on to
4. Create 11 questions for those 11 people
I've done this a few times before and I am running out of time and energy fast these days so I hope it's ok with Pippa if I tell you all 11 random things about me and answer her 11 random questions only. I love finding out a little bit more about the bloggers I follow and hope you do too. However if you would like to play along and qualify please consider yourself nominated by me!
So 11 random things about me:
1. I was born in Ireland and lived there until I was almost 21. I was supposed to move to England for 1 year only but on my first weekend here met my now husband (in an Irish bar as you do!) and have stayed ever since. My Irish accent has sadly almost all but disappeared.
2. I pretty much bought a new car today.
3. I spent a summer during university working at Gap and waitressing in San Francisco.
4. I don't like the texture of anything wooden in my mouth - so I can't lick an ice lolly once it gets to a certain point or eat chips with a wooden fork.
5. I like the light switches to be the right way up and doors properly closed (not ajar).
6. My middle name is Iris.
7. In real life I am a solicitor and spend half my working week in Court (in my head I am like the Assistant District Attorney's in Law and Order, the reality is sadly very different!!!)
8. At the moment I'm on maternity leave as my first baby is due in 11 days.
9. I don't wear pink a lot or use it to decorate in my house but I seem to have a lot of it in my stash.
10. I didn't pass my driving test until the third attempt.
11. I am still amazed that I have 90 people who follow my blog and lovely people who leave nice comments every week.
And answering Pippa's 11 questions:
1) Name 4 things that are in reaching distance of you right now
My phone, a quilt, a notebook and a bottle of fizzy water
2) What would your dream quilt shop be like?
The fabric would be free!
3) Are you a morning person or a night owl?
4) Sweet or Savory ?
Ohh difficult - I couldn't live without chocolate but whilst I have been pregnant I have gone off sweet things and love cheese.
5) Stripes or Spots ?
I love both but if you make me choose spots.
6) What 3 things would you take with you to space ?
My husband, a notebook and a quilt.
7) Who's your favourite fabric line/designer?
I can't choose one - can I pick 11? If not I like most things Sweetwater for Moda do.
8) If you could describe yourself in 4 words what would they be?
I found this really difficult so cheated and asked my husband who said "Chatty, Confident, Enthusiastic and Compassionate"
9) Do you drink coffee or tea or something else ?
I don't like tea and mostly drink coffee and water.
10) Why did you start/do you blog?
I started my blog because I wanted to keep a record of all the things I made. I was amazed to discover this lovely online community. Whilst I love being part of it I wanted to make sure that blogging remained fun, something I enjoy and never became an obligation. Hopefully I'm managing that.
11) Have you met any RL bloggers ?
Yes lots! I had met a few at Festival of Quilts in Birmingham in 2011 and then met lots of lovely bloggers at the Fat Quarterly Retreat last year (including Pippa). And I'm hoping to meet lots more this year too.
And because a post without a photo seems dull here's a picture of some fabric I may have treated myself to after a stressful Thursday.