Saturday 31 December 2011

Say Hello, Wave Goodbye

Way back in January I made a couple of Quilting Aims for myself.  I didn't get there with all of them but I did stick to Number 1 which was most important to me - Quilt because it makes me smile not because it is one more thing on my to do list.  I have really enjoyed this fabulous hobby this year.  I have also made some great bloggy (and real life) friends and am chuffed by how many of you follow and comment on my posts - so thank you!


I didn't make all the quilts in my head because 324 is a bit much in one year but I did make some quilts, quilt tops & knickers that I and thankfully the people I gave some of them to (not the knickers) really like.


2011


I only have 2 aims for 2012 - continue to quilt because I love it and use up some of the fabric I love that I have been hoarding.  My work in progress list is down to 4 which is unheard of for me so I am going to spend the next couple of days planning some new quilts so expect a post on that and a giveaway as part of my "Year of the Stash" project for 2012.


Linking up with Fresh Sewing Day on Lilys Quilts.


Fresh Sewing Day


Happy New Year!

20 comments:

  1. waiting to hear what you come up with xx Best wishes for the New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you :) Hope 2012 is full of excitement :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilts for 2011 and I love that pair of knickers in the mosaic! Looking forward to seeing what you have hidden in your stash and what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twit Twoo knickers - I didn't know you'd made those!!! Your quilts are lovely,hope you have a quilty 2012 and cant wait to see you again June xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. From now on you will be Mrs Knickers to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous quilts! Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilts... and knickers, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snazzy knickers! I think they will generate more interest than your quilts which are also snazzy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a good thing to do what you love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally gorgeous quilts!! Did you seriously make knickers? - how did I miss that?!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilts are great - and so are your knickers! Lovely projects :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. your quilts are lovely and I have the same idea...use up all that fabric I have been buying.

    ReplyDelete
  13. pretty finished projects! my big goal is to get my WIP's in the single digits and keep it there. a girl can hope, right?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a productive year and gorgeous quilts (and knickers!) Your last quilt with the HST in red and linen reminds me of the similar one I have had in my WIP stash for about a year. Oh my. Talking about aims for 2012. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the quilts and the knickers - I'd forgotten about them!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. fabulous finishes for 2011 - and fabulous knickers - oh to be skinny enough to wear a pair of those!! (bog catchers and granny knickers now my norm - but plans to drop a few sizes are in the planning stage!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your knickers! And your quilts! You seem really good at putting the colours together and not afraid to try different palettes! Well done - a successful year even if there are not 300+ quilts finished..

    ReplyDelete