Monday 27 June 2011

Bee Blocks Round Up

Today was the first day of my sewing and blogging week so I caught up on my Bee Blocks for Fresh Modern Bee 2 finally.

For May Lisa who blogs at Shiners View sent fabrics and inspired by her trip to Amsterdam asked for blocks based on whirlys or pinwheels.


I made 2 blocks one whirly and one pinwheel by stripping together some of the darker fabrics, pairing them with a neutral solid and then framing them in a pale yellow.


June is  Lil's month and she sent mostly neutral fabrics and a few colours and requested blocks in a liberated log cabin style.


I didn't feel like my first block was particularly liberated and preferred the next one:

1 comment:

  1. All of these blocks are so pretty, but the neutral ones are definitely my favourite. I'm too scared to make such a neutral quilt, I'd probably spill something on it, but I'd love to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete