Monday 11 January 2010

Sunday's Sewing

As you can see from the photo below there is still snow here.  I didn't leave the house but it meant that I had a really fun and productive weekend's sewing.  I finished the borders on the Baby Girl Coin Quilt.  The coins that look solid brown and solid green aren't as solid in "real life", they have some texture in them.  I am going to use the same stripey binding that I bought for my other quilt



I really like this quilt - I don't know if I will be able to bring myself to give it away!  I am going to hold off on quilting it at the moment, partly because I have ordered a walking foot for my machine, partly because I don't know what way to quilt it and partly because I need to practice quilting a little more before I let myself loose on this one.



I also used the left over squares from the Sultry Layercake to make this doll quilt for my neice, it was supposed to be part of her Christmas present but I ran out of time so its going to be an Easter gift.  I thought it would be a good way of practicing matching up seams and I am really pleased with how it turned out.

I also finished the binding on my Sultry Garden quilt - pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment