Saturday 19 February 2011

Bee Blocks

I have been taking a break from blogging over the last 2 weeks and to be honest I haven't got much sewing done either.  Work has been really busy as I have been preparing for an office move, 2 weeks away from the office and some appeal cases in the Crown Court.  I do however have quite a few things I haven't blogged about starting with my Bee Blocks from December/January.

In Bee Quilted I made this block called Stir Crazy for Nursey Girl.


It's not my usual colour palette but I really like the way the coloured strips stand out against the dark green and it came together really easily.  I also did partial seams for the first time and was pleased with how they turned out.

January in Fresh Modern Bee 2 was all about circles reqeusted by Krista.  She sent us some linen and fabric in a colourway and asked for any size blocks.  The linen proved a real challenge for me and I stuck to a fairly simply snowball block for both of my blocks.  I love how the snowball block shows off the fabric and see a quilt of these in my future .. . . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment