Saturday 28 August 2010

Bee Blocks (finally!)

Fresh Modern Bee 2 on Flickr is my first ever Bee.  I started really well for June but slipped behind.  I finished my blocks last week but having lost my camera/computer connector thing, eventually had to buy another one today.  

Susan aka Chickenfoot sent these beautiful fabrics and requested wonky square in square blocks. 



I have never done wonky before and loved making these.  No pressure to get seams matching!


This was my first block which isn't quite as wonky and then I used the scraps to make the block below (which needs another square added to it to make it the right size).

 

I also decided for this Bee that I would use my pink scraps each month to make the same block for myself (with a tiny scrap of that month's fabric too).  At the end of the year as well as my own Bee quilt hopefully I will have a sampler of sorts with a block from each of the months.  June and July's blocks are below.



I am also in a second bee which uses the quilt as you go method -  Bee Quilted.  This Bee runs from the 15th to the 15th so I'm not quite as late with these ones!  The first month was Tracy who sent fabrics all in a different colour way to each person and asked for pinwheels.



I made 2 mini pin wheels and framed them.  I opted for simple straight line quilting.  I love this type of close quilting but don't think I would have the energy to do it for an entire quilt.


I made the scraps into a second block but didn't quilt this one.


I'm off to work on this month's blocks now!

No comments:

Post a Comment