Monday, 26 April 2010

A good weekend's sewing

I finished piecing together my Piece of Cake Quilt and added the borders. I also picked the solid above for the backing and the varigated thread to quilt it. I am tryin to decide how to quilt it and am thinking either diagonal staight lines or staight lines a quarter inch each side of the seam lines.



I also basted my Panache simple squares quilt all ready to quilt.  I am going to quilt this one with red thread 1/4 inch from each seam line.  I really enjoyed making this one partly because it was quick and also because it enables me to practice accurate 1/4 inch sewing and different quilting designs on a small quilt.



I also packaged up my swap parcel for A Little Fabric A Little Chocolate Swap on Flickr (pictures when I know it has been received), worked on my "Red Hippo" bag and didS some 9 patches.  And I happened to stumble accross a Jelly Roll of Figgy Pudding and seeing how rare it now seems to be I just had to buy it!





No comments:

Post a Comment